An Ideal Location in the Heart of the City
The school is located in the heart of the cultural district of the vibrant and cosmopolitan city of Montreal.
EGM is located:
- On Ste. Catherine Street West one of the city’s best shopping areas.
- Next door to the Belgo Arts Building and 2 blocks from the Montreal Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC)
- Steps away from Place des Arts and Montreal’s ‘Quartier des Spectacles’ home to festivals including the International Jazz Fest and the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival.
- Short walk from university campuses and residences including McGill, Concordia, and University of Quebec.
- Close to Metro stations and bus stops.
Professional Equipment and Over 2000 Teaching Specimens
In addition to classrooms, EGM has a laboratory with 12 fully equipped workstations specifically designed for gem observation and testing.
Instruments used for classes and workshops include:
- 10x loupes
- Adjusted light sources
- Ultraviolet light station
- Chelsea colour filters
- Measurement gauges
EGM’s most prized pedagogical tool is its collection of over 2000 gem specimens. Carefully selected over the course of many years the collection includes natural, treated, and synthetic gemstones as well as organic and ornamental gem materials chosen for their characteristic features.