The Montreal School of Gemmology has been existing for 25 years. However, we are constantly evolving: we are always looking to improve our programs and broaden our offer; we sign promising partnerships for our students in particular and gemmology in general; we are brimming with projects for the years to come; and who says new projects, says new teachers!
This is why the EGM wishes to hire new professors and guest lecturers.
Our motto? The sharing of knowledge, the search for high standards in our programs, a united and motivated team of professionals.
- – Prepare students for the diplomas of Gemmologist, with lectures and practical work;
- – Deliver courses for the general public, conducting EGM workshops and teaching professionals enrolled in refresher courses;
- – Mentor students in their work and accompanying them on their journey;
- – Communicate your passion and share your expertise with enthusiasm;
- – Participate in the school’s national and international influence.
- – To prepare students for the diplomas of Gemmologist: hold an international Gemmologist Diploma (World Gem Foundation, GIA or Gem-A).
- – To teach the certifying courses and workshops (faceted diamonds, pearls, etc.): hold a diploma in gemmology.
- – Demonstrate excellent communication and teaching skills. Any experience as a teacher will be considered an asset.
- – Relevant professional experience in gemmology is an asset.
- – Proficiency in spoken and written French and/or spoken and written English.
Would you like to join the EGM? Send us your application at email@example.com, for a quick start. Your file will include:
- – A cover letter;
- – A resume;
- – A statement of your teaching objectives;
- – Contact information for a few references that we can contact.
- – All applications will be treated confidentially.
To learn more about the school and its programs, visit www.egmtl.com.
For questions about the position and conditions, contact the school at 514 844-0024.